Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the Director of Engineering is responsible for leading the people, projects, process, and resources for the successful implementation and delivery of robust, high quality, scalable, resilient, and secure software and platform systems solutions on schedule.
The Director of Engineering will be primarily responsible for leading Liquid Web’s engineering team and initiatives including CI/CD, infrastructure as code, and application monitoring and logging for the Managed Applications products. The Director of Engineering will also partner closely with the Software Development teams and with all other departments to improve operations through process automation and serve as a critical component to delivering leading managed applications leveraging modern virtualization and cloud technologies, including but not limited to platform and server provisioning, orchestration, and containerization.
This position my work remotely.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to implementation
- Represent the team’s interests in cross-team planning sessions
- Help manage and measure departmental resources
- Coach team members and lead the team to meet new challenges
- Ensure code maintenance and supportability is sustained using collaboration in multiple programming communities
- Support customers who are developers coding against our APIs by leading a team of developers who maintain the tools & SDKs
- Provides tracking and accountability for team members to meet their goals which drive team goals
- Help create & track concrete, objective measurements to organization level goals & KPIs
- Delegate to peers or direct reports in a constructive manner
- Track plans, progress and status of engineering projects
- Provide direction to engineering projects
- Direct and supervise engineering departments
- Provide professional and technical assistance
- Be responsible for the employee life cycle including; disciplinary actions, performance reviews, goal reaching activities, fostering a positive environment, following company policies, etc.
- Participate in the incident management process as required to support overall issue resolution and system and/or service restoral as outlined in the Liquid Web Incident Management Process
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Highly collaborative in nature and able to advocate for customer needs
- Experienced with supporting and and leading the development of tools, solutions, and strategies for technical customers
- Proven ability to lead, coach, mentor, and grow developers
- Proven record of taking high level strategies and implementing concrete, actionable, and measurable plans
- Have experience in highly collaborative / open source communities
- Demonstrate empathy while problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to delegate to peers or direct reports in a constructive manner